Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Vacationing!


Bottles: check!  Formula: check! Bibs:check! Diapers:check! Clothes:check! Favorite blanket and toy: check! The list goes on and on.  A lot of planning goes into traveling with a wee one.  It takes being organized and well prepared, but in the end it is worth it.

Right now miss Piglet and I are in the midst of a vacation visiting my family and friends in my hometown. All in all it has been a lot of fun so far. I have seen lots of friends and I am getting to catch up in person.  Facebook and blogs are great for staying in touch, but there is nothing quite like getting to see and hug good friends.

I love living where we do, and all the new friends that I have made, and I think it will be a great place for miss Piglet to grow up. I think she will have some wonderful friends and will know that she lives in a special part of the country. Yet, there is nothing like coming home and visiting my old stomping grounds, seeing people that I love, and the landscape that I miss.

Being here reminds me that God has a plan and that He puts people in our lives for different amounts of time. Some are only in our lives for a season, and some are in our lives for the duration and it doesn't matter how far apart we live, we can still be friends.

Vacationing is great, it is relaxing and a time to just get away, see new (or old) things and take some deep breaths.  So, for everyone preparing for Spring Break vacations I pray for safety, fun, and a lot of wonderful memories to cherish.

-JLP-

No comments:

Post a Comment