Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Makes Me Smile


Right now on Facebook there is a photo challenge for the month of March.  The challenge is take a photo (and post it) each day, and each day has a special theme (to be interpreted however you wish).  I love things like this, it allows me to be creative.  Today's challenge: Take a photo of something that makes you smile.

It should come as no shock that today's photo features my daughter.  Just thinking about her makes me smile. She really is a gift from God.  It is hard for me to believe that 8 weeks ago today we went to hospital for her birth.  She has turned our lives upside (in a good way) and she filled the home with so much more love.

Yes, there are times when she is fussy for no reason and I want to tear my hair out.  There are days when I'm dizzy with exhaustion, and there are moments when I want a 24 hour vacation.  When these times hit I look down in her face and I'm at peace and I smile.  Yes, being a mom is hard WORK, but it is the best job in the world.  She is so full of life and wonderment.  She reminds me why we are here.

We are here to bring glory and joy to God.  Just as E looks like her mom and dad, we all are created in the image of our Heavenly Father.  We are here because God loves us.  Hopefully we bring Him more glory than frustration, more honor than anger and more praise than all else.  Yet, no matter what He loves us.  I know that just as I am bursting with love for E, my Heavenly Father is bursting with love for me. That thought makes me smile.

-JLP-

Praying that y'all feel the love of the Father and that you find something today that makes you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment