Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Cup Runneth Over


"Jehovah is my shepherd I shall not want... My cup runneth over. Surely goodness and lovingkindness shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of Jehovah forever." (Psalm 23 ASV)

Spring is here, I don't know how long she shall stay for this visit, but today she is here.  As I type this it is 78* and sunny.  I have windows open, short sleeves on and my daughter is in a cute dress.  I have a comfortable home, I get to stay here and raise our daughter, and I know Who to thank for this gorgeous day.  My cup really does run over.

I love Psalm 23. If people know nothing about the Bible, they will have heard this psalm.  I love it because in these few short verses David sums up life.  God is our provider.  If we trust Him we will not be in need.  He will take care of those needs.  God is also our protector.  He will not keep us from the valley, but He will get us through the valley, and awaiting us is some R&R (rest in a peaceful place and a harvest).  He does all this because of His mercy and love.  Not because of anything we have done, but all because that is who He is.

Today I am thankful for God, for His provision, His protection, His mercy, His love and for days like today that even though I am busy doing the work of a wife and mother, it is a restful day because God has given me a peaceful place to live and a gorgeous day.

-JLP-

No comments:

Post a Comment