Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Where is My Faith

There is nothing more wonderful than playing with a giggling, smiling, happy little baby.  This morning has been somewhat idyllic, though not very productive (in the house work arena).  Little miss Piglet has been more playful than ever and I've loved EVERY minute of it.  Yet, now as I have a few minutes to myself  I am reflecting on a few things.

One of the main things that is on my mind today is the idea of faith and where I put my faith.  I trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.  I know that I am a sinner that He came to earth, lived a perfect life, gave himself up to die, rose again and is now my only route to Heaven.  I know and I am so very thankful for His gift of salvation.    While I trust Him with my soul I sometimes have trouble trusting Him with my daily life.  Weird if you think about it.

When I was pregnant with miss Piglet (she earned that nickname by the way, and it is said all in love) I lived to feel her kick, move, hiccup and for the doctor appointments when we got to hear her little heart beating.  There is nothing more reassuring than hearing the heart beat and having the doctor tell you that everything looks good.  In all my worry to have a healthy baby I forgot to trust Christ.  My faith was in what I could see, hear and feel, not in the Creator.

So often I do that. I trust what I can see, I trust the tangible things of this world.  Things that so often fail me, when I should remember that since I've trusted Christ for my very salvation, I should trust Him for what amounts to be the little things.  Since God loves me enough to take care of my soul, why wouldn't He love me enough to take care of my daily needs? D and I do our best to take care of miss Piglet's needs, and God is the ultimate, perfect Father, so of course our Abba will care for us.

-JLP-

Praying that y'all remember to put your trust in the Lord and even when it seems hard, or when you don't have physical proof of something, that you will remember that God is here, God is good, and God loves us perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment