Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

There is a Time...


Since last night I have struggled to set miss Piglet down. I didn't want to let her out of my arms to go to sleep, and the first thing I did upon waking this morning was to pick her up and rock with her for a few minutes. I have just been eating up each moment I have with my precious daughter. She is such a delight. On January 5 my life changed and the change was a delight! Because I serve the Lord I am complete in Him, but miss Piglet filled a hole that God knew needed to be filled. I have always wanted to be blessed with children.

Not long after miss Piglet was born, one of my co-workers had a little boy. A precious, loved little boy. A little boy born with heart problems. After a couple months of fighting, the battle ended last night as God ushered this precious little child into Heaven.

I don't know my co-worker real well, but the pain has hit me hard. It is a very clear reminder that our days our numbered. We are not here forever, and just as we didn't choose how or when we entered this earth, we don't get to choose how or when we will leave either.

There is a time for everything. A time to be born, and a time to die. There is a time to be sad and cling to our children, and a time to be happy and dance with them. There is a time to be thankful for all that we have, and a time to dream with the Lord about all we can do for Him.  Living joyfully does not mean that we get to skip over the harder times. It means that we recognize that we are in a valley and we focus on God as we climb out. Even in the valley we can offer God a "hallelujah", no matter how broken it is, we can still offer it to Him.

For now, I think today is a time to cuddle my daughter and say "Thank you Lord. Thank you for each day I have had with her. I commit her to Your loving care, knowing that You love her even more than I do. I thank you for all the moments I've had with her in my arms, and I thank You for all the moments yet to come. No matter if there are only a few, or years and years to come. She is just on loan to us from You. I pray that you help her daddy and me show her just how much you love her and may she grow to love and serve you."

-JLP-

Praying for each of you and you have a lifetime full of wonderful memories with your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment