Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Monday, April 9, 2012

Finding Mr. Right


On a hot Saturday in August 2010, after a hike in the Blue Ridge Mountains he asked the question and I said "yes"! A few weeks before that day I knew I had found my Mr. Right, but that day sealed it.  In December we said our vows in front of family and friends. We signed the marriage license and it was official, my Mr. Right was mine.

Just because he is Mr. Right doesn't make him Mr. Perfect. I know that.  Just as I know that I am not perfect either.  We are matched on many levels, but that doesn't make us the perfect couple. Perfection doesn't exist here on earth. Yet, he is mine for ever. Till death do us part, through thick and thin, if we are poor or loaded, healthy or sick. Come what may he is mine and I couldn't be happier.

We struggle.  The bills seems overwhelming. We argue. We don't always see eye to eye (especially since when I look straight at him I see his chest), but on the big things we agree.

We both love Jesus and we are doing our best to live for Him. We mess up here and we have to seek forgiveness from God and others. We both love miss Piglet and we are raising her in a home that puts Jesus first and family second. We may not always make the same parenting decisions you would, but we are trying. We both believe in honesty in marriage, we are open and faithful to each other. We both agree that while we can have our little secrets (I'm not going to tell him what he gets for Christmas till he opens it), marriage is built on honesty, trust and sharing.

He knows my background and makes me feel safe. That was a biggie for me. I needed someone that could take the darkness and erase. Since my rape I've been afraid. I wondered what sex would be like. Would I always feel guilty having sex, would I always have trouble reaching orgasm because in my mind I go back to that room in Colorado? With him, those fears are not there.

They are not there because he values women, yes he has his past and isn't the purest, but he is going to treat women the way we deserve. He isn't going to prowl around, he isn't going to hurt someone the way I was hurt. He isn't perfect, but he is more prince than monster. 

I love him because he loves me. I love him because he knows how to make me laugh and relax when I am stressed. I love him because he likes to cook. I love because he is a great daddy to our daughter. I love him because he is trying to live for Jesus. I love him because he is sexy. I love him because he is sweet. I love him because he takes care of us. I love him because he is real and authentic. I love because he is the man God set out for me.

If you are still looking for Mr. Right (or Mrs.) you will find them.  Most likely in the spot you least expect. Remember to look for the important stuff. Don't expect it to be perfect. We live in the real world, not fairy tales. That does not mean that you can't have a wonderful life. Marriage is what you make it. Find the person that is willing to walk beside you, that you would defend to the end of the world. The person that makes you want to be a better you. Most importantly find someone that encourages you to be the best Christian you can be.

-JLP-

No comments:

Post a Comment