Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Monday, April 23, 2012

5 More Minutes


Waking up each morning is not always the easiest thing to do, a lot of us like to stay cuddled in bed for just 5 more minutes. To be cuddled up in my blankets and holding my hubby's hand is just so relaxing and such a blessing. To see Queenie cat curled up at the foot of the bed and to look out the window and see the early morning sun starting to greet our neck of the valley, it is quite cozy and comfy. Yet, generally I am awakened knowing that in a few minutes Punky Jr. (miss Piglet's new nickname) will be needing some food.

I have always loved early mornings, but college, studying and then seminary and being married to a night owl have turned me into more of a night owl than an early bird. Being a mother now I am becoming both a night owl and an early bird. I am in the time of life where I don't get much of a chance to develop a deep relationship with my bed and pillows.

Yet, I wouldn't change a thing. Motherhood is the most wonderful thing. I have a husband that I adore and love to take of. I also now have a daughter that is such a special gift and as much as I love the art of crafting words, I have yet to find an adequate way to describe how I love my daughter. It is an indescribable love.

As much as I would love just 5 more minutes in bed each day, I get up because it is what I do. Taking care of their needs is just as much my job as building gorgeous log homes is my husband's. The Bible instructs me "Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people." (Col. 3:23 NLT) By serving my family I am also serving the Lord. My family is a gift from God to be treasured. I need to treat them as such.

During the day as I clean the bathrooms, empty the dishwasher, fold blankets, read to Punky Jr., cook, and force Punky to do her tummy time (she hates it), I am not just taking care of our home, I am not just looking after my family, I am serving my Lord and Savior. I am also setting an example for Punky. How we live our daily lives says more to our children than any words. Yes, we need to use our words too, they are important, but we need to teach by example. From day 1. Consistency is very important. 

So, I'll willingly give up those 5 minutes if in order to serve, love, teach and take care of the best gift God gave me (after His Son, of course)! 

-JLP-

No comments:

Post a Comment