Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Wasted Prayer?

James 1: 6 "But when you pray you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like is a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."


We need this, and we ask for that. We give thanks and we praise His name.  We adore and worship the King of Kings.  We do all this during our prayer time, but is it enough, or are we wasting our prayers? Are we praying for the things that we should be praying for?

This is something that I've been wondering for a long time.  I'm really being as effective as I can be in my prayer life. When I ask God for things am I asking for the right things.  God knew I had these questions, so yesterday's church service was a divine appointment for me.  Our pastor spoke on prayer.

I've always loved to pray.  Our Savior is a holy God and He deserves to be treated as the holy God that He is. He deserves our worship, fear and respect.  Yet, God is always our Heavenly Father, and He wants to be treated as our Father.  When we pray we are approaching the holy throne, but we are also climbing in the lap of our daddy and saying "Daddy I love, thank you for loving me.  You know I need some things, could you help me out please?"

I've always prayed for friends and family, for personal needs, but I haven't wanted to seem greedy, like I was asking too much.  Well, yesterday I saw through Scripture that God wants me to ask for the big things (spiritually).  Asking God to open doors for me is a good thing.  I still have to do my work, but I can ask Him for help.

By not asking for what I really want Him to help me with I'm wasting my prayers.  I have this book I wrote based on what I went through in college, and my journey back to Christ and to learning what this Christian marathon is really all about.  My dream is to get it published and use that to open doors to travel to churches, seminars, schools, etc to talk with women and children about overcoming the pain in our lives and seeing that God wants to live joyfully, He wants to walk with us through the darkness and to be our light, our comfort.

By not asking for God to help as I contact publishing companies and agents, I'm wasting time.  Yeah, God knows what I want without my asking, but He still wants me to ask for help.  God was waiting to be invited into the process.

How are you wasting your prayer time? Are you praying for the big things as well as the small things? Remember God is big, there is nothing He can't handle.  He wants to be invited into ALL parts of our lives.  As Jabez prayed in the Old Testament, God wants to help us grow and enlarge our spiritual territory.

-JLP-

Praying for you, and for myself that we can remember that our holy Father wants to be with us in everything we do and need.

No comments:

Post a Comment