Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hello!

This is my 2nd blog I have going, and that is for a reason.  The first blog (http://www.jessielee317.blogspot.com/) is geared toward rape and abuse survivors, it is connected with the book I have written and hope to get published [real] soon.

This blog I hope to have it be more personal, more of just my daily life with Christ.  I called it "Vicotry Over Rape" because that is probably the life event that has had the most impact on me.  My life was going in 1 consistent, expected direction and then I was raped and for awhile my life as stagnant.  Yeah, I still went to college, still got a degree, but I was wandering around directionless.  I was alive but I wasn't really living. 

My subtitle for the blog "The Christian Marathon" comes because life is not about a sprint, we shouldn't be rushing to the next big event.  We should be taking it slow and steady, pacing ourselves, enjoying the moments.  We are in it for the long haul, till death and we need to have the energy for each day, to give each day our best.

Having victory over being raped, abused, or dealing with any of the crazy awful things that happen in life requires taking a marathon view of life.  Run 1 day at time, giving each day (mile) your all, don't worry about how many seem to be before you, focus on today.  Remember & enjoy the sucess of the previous miles, but still focus on the one that you are currently running.  Learn and grow from the previous miles run and use that to get through today.

I hope that you enjoy this little blog and that it will be an encouragement to each of you as we run our marathons to find victory over___________ (fill in the struggles you face in your marathon).

In Christ,
    JP

No comments:

Post a Comment