Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Friday, February 17, 2012

The Piggy Bank is Empty

Jeremiah 17:7 (NIV)  "But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him."

               

Have you clicked online on your bank account and in dismay said, "My oh my, that's low!" well, more often then not these days I have that reaction.  My family has gone from 1.5 incomes to 1 income, so that I can stay home and raise our daughter.   It has always been my dream to be able to stay home with my children, and we knew that it would be a sacrifice.

Yet, as we struggle to pay our monthly bills and now the hospital bills that come with having a baby and having complications it is a lesson in trust.  God tells us that He is there for us, that He will provide for us our daily bread.  That daily bread doesn't just refer to food.  It refers to everything that we need on a daily basis, including the funds to pay for the necessities.

God doesn't promise to provide us a lavish lifestyle.  Unlike some famous preachers would want you to believe, God promises to give us what we need, not all of what we want.  We need to trust Him to take care of us, and if He chooses to provide us with blessings above and beyond our means, those are just gifts that we should be thankful for.

Trust is hard, because it means giving up control.  I'm not good at that.  I like to itemize, to budget, to know that next week ________ amount will be in our bank account.  Not having that is hard, and having bills is hard.  It is hard for me to see how God will work it all out.  It seems He is taking His time and all the doors we try to go through, He shuts, so where is the open window to crawl through? 

Yet, time and again the Bible tells me that I am blessed if I trust God and that He will take care of my family.  So, as hard as it is from my side, I will trust that God has a plan, and that God will continue to provide for the needs of my family.  He has never let me down yet, why would He fail me now?

-JLP-

Praying for you as you continue your marathon of life.  Have a blessed Friday and a marvelous weekend, may it be spent growing in our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment