Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Is it Coming???


Nyquil: check! Tylenol: check! Vicks: check! Blankets: check! Kleenex: check! Vitamin C: check!  And down the list I go, making sure that I have everything I may need for the next few days.  I am all prepared for this cold that I feel getting ready to hit me full blast.  Yet... so far it hasn't shown up.  The cold keeps acting like it is coming, I'll feel run down, get a runny nose or a cough, or maybe a fever, but not all at once and nothing that lasts.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather not be sick, so this is a good thing.  On the other hand, I know my body and my history and I know that I get sick easily because I have a pretty non functioning immune system, so part of me just wants to get this cold and get it over with.

Thinking about this cold that I'm worried about reminds me of other things in life.  We humans are worry-worts.  We worry about this, and we worry about that.  We are so busy worrying, that we never have time to live our lives, and many of the things we worry about never materialize.  My cold will probably turn out the same way.

This is way Christ told us "Do not worry about tomorrow." We don't know what is going to happen tomorrow, so why worry about it.  What is going to happen is going to happen and when it does we will deal with it.  Worry just takes away time from living today (and yes I'm preaching to myself right now).  We need to be prepared and be wise, but we shouldn't worry.  Our God is in control and the surprises that come our way are not surprises to Him, and He will guide us or even carry us (if need be) through!

-JLP-

Praying that y'all have a blessed evening, and that we can learn to get worry out of our daily routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment