Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Capturing Moments

"In moments like these I sing out a song, I sing out a love song to Jesus. In moments like these I lift up my hands, I lift up my hands to the Lord. Singing I love you Lord, singing I love you. In moments like these I sing out a song, I sing out a love song to Jesus." (author unknown to me)



When E is fed, changed, burped, warm and feeling like her needs have been met she is all smiles and giggles.  Being as she is 7 weeks old, this phenomena is rare! Our quiet days of newbornhood, where E was content to quietly let us hold her, are gone.  My little newborn is now an infant.  She is an infant that wants to let you know that she is here and that she demands attention.

While her default response these days is to scream and fuss, there are moments where she is content or playing and she is all smiles and giggles.  It is in these moments that I wish I could stop time and draw them out. I want to speed through the stressful "why is she screaming, nothing I do or try is working to fix it" times and stay in the fun, sweet times.

I bet God sometimes feels like that, like all we do is whine and moan and beg for things.  We don't spend enough time telling Him we love Him, singing our love songs to Him.  We don't give Him enough smiles and giggles.  He is holy God and deserves worship, and He is our Heavenly Father and yearns for us to come to him to play, to rest, to capture those moments when life is good, when peace reigns and we just are happy.

So, just as I have to remember that E won't always be fussy, that there are those moments that I have captured in my memory and treasure, and that she is growing up quickly.  I also need to remember to give moments like that to God.  To let Him share in my joy, to not always be asking Him for things (though He does encourage us to make our requests).  I need to capture happy moments with my God and with my family.  It is in these moments that life really is what it was meant to be.  Joy is in the moments.

-JLP-

Praying for you to have captured moments today, tomorrow and all week, that you will rest in peace knowing that your Heavenly Father is there for you, He is up all the time and just a mother rocks her baby and makes it "all better" Jesus had made it all better too, we just have to get through "this present darkness"



No comments:

Post a Comment