Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Friday, October 12, 2012

Life...Very Valuable!


For a few months back in 2002 I was mired in a pit of despair. I was confused, angry, scared, hurt, lost and felt totally alone. I was alive but I was in such a place emotionally that I was not really living, just existing. I didn't want to just exist, so I tried to end it all.  God had something else to say. My time here was not up.  Since that dark dark night I have learned that even when things seem bleakest, life is very valuable. God loves us and wants to help, to shine His light in our lives, to fill us with love and joy.

Life at all stages is very valuable. From before conception our lives, or days are known by God. He knew us before we were born, He knit us in the womb, He created us to be the special individual that we each are. As we grow and develop God is there, holding us, guiding us, encouraging us to learn, to grow and to know Him. Throughout life we learn, we gain wisdom and hopefully we seek His face and develop an abiding love for our Savior.

As seniors we will hopefully have a wisdom that comes from life experiences and from a lifetime of communing with the Savior and his Holy Spirit. Pre-born babies are awesome and amazing, fragile and special. Old people are also awesome and amazing, there is a lot that we can learn from them.

Yet, this 21st century American culture values neither the pre-born or the long lived. Both are seen as disposable. The pre-born are disposable because they can't defend themselves, we can't see them with the naked eye, so they are obviously not "alive". The long lived are no longer able to work to provide money for the government (so it can share the wealth) so they are not important either, they life is almost over so why not hasten it?  (sounds eerily like communism)

I fear that God up in Heaven is looking down in dismay at how we don't value each other. Not only in life and death matters, but we are not nice to each other! We are rude, hateful, bullies! We hurt each other physically and emotionally. We are not a loving, Christ following culture.

In God's eye all life is valuable. Everyone deserves love and respect. Everyone is a special creation, a child created by HIM. If only more of us could see with God's eyes, could feel with God's heart. If only more people had God's hands and feet.

Dear Lord,
   As I go about my day help me to see each person as you see them. Help me to reflect Your love with my actions. Help me to value life the way You do!

Thank you.

-JLP-

No comments:

Post a Comment