Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Checking My Attitude


In just about 2 weeks my book, Joyfully After All will hit the online "shelves" on amazon.com! It has been quite an adventure, and a huge answer to a life time of prayers. Nothing worth while seems to happen quickly or without effort, and this book certainly has been a long time coming and a lot of effort, but that just makes me even prouder to finally say I am a published author!

Part of the struggle has been to find the time to work on the book and the marketing and meet the needs of my husband and daughter. As most mothers can relate, working (even working from home), being a wife, and a mother are each full time jobs and to hold down all 3 is quite the juggling act! The first thing to go is generally sleep.

I am feeling the lack of sleep today, not sure why it hit me so hard today but about an hour ago I hit a wall and I am pressing on because bed time will not be till 9 or 10 pm. It is on days like today that I have to remind myself to always be checking my attitude. Being tired can easily lead to being crabby and impatient and that is not fair to my daughter or my husband, so I have to constantly say a quick prayer, "Lord you know that I am tired and trying to serve my family. Please help me to have the necessary energy and an attitude that honors you."

No matter what you are juggling in your life, make sure you check your attitude. It may not be easy, but your family, friends, and co-workers will appreciate it and having a pleasing attitude in the midst of the drudgery of daily life is a great way to model Christ!

Save your pennies for Joyfully After All! It will be worth every one, I promise!

-JLP-

No comments:

Post a Comment