Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Friday, October 26, 2012

God and Fog


This morning I woke up to a very foggy day. The fog was thick that it hid the cornfield right behind our house. I love fog. It is beautiful and mysterious. The familiar becomes the unknown. Time seems to slow down during a foggy day. Fog is one of God's more unique and expressive ideas.

Fog is also like God and like Christianity. We read the Bible, we pray, we go to church and learn about God. We become familiar with Him. Then we have a day or an experience and all of a sudden God seems hidden, just like the cornfield was this morning. We know that God is there that He hasn't moved, yet we can't see or feel Him as easily. Our knowledge tells us God is still there, but our experience says "I can't see him, I'm lost."

It is very easy to get lost and turned around during a thick fog experience. You can walk in circles and not even know it. I know that in my life I've done this a few times with God. I know where He, and I know who He is, but my experiences have me going in circles and getting nowhere.

What is the answer? Today I just had to wait for the fog to "burn off" and slowly the cornfield was revealed. When it comes to Christ I have to do the same thing. I keep reading and praying and slowly the veil of knowledge and feeling is lifted and once more I am headed in the right direction. It is about faith and trust and knowing that even in the fog God is still there and still watching out for me and that if I am patient I will once more see Him.

-JLP-


No comments:

Post a Comment