Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I Dreamed WHAT!?!


I have no earthly idea why, but I tend to have the craziest, most outlandish dreams of anyone I know. I can usually trace where many of the elements came from, but still why they combine in such a way I do not know. A lot of my friends and family say that I should make them into a book, maybe one day I will. It would definitely go in the comedy section.

I have been fighting a cold (day 8 now) and this morning Punky Jr. and I were resting in the master bed when we both drifted off. I had Fox News on when I fell asleep and as I slept I was whisked away into one of the weirdest dreams that I have had, and that is saying something. The amazing thing for me is how well I remember my dreams. I remember my dreams better and longer than I remember most real life events (my psych friends would enjoy that tidbit)! Honestly! Here for your enjoyment is my dream!

I was at home with my husband, daughters (Punky was 3 and her lil twin sisters Addy and Alex-short for Alexandra were 18 months). It was Nov. 1 and we were gearing up to watch the last presidential debate when we get a telegram informing us that the venue for the debate had to be changed due to terrorist threat so the new venue was our house.

Now, we lived in a forested area outside of Charlottesville, VA. We were on Afton Mountain overlooking Waynesboro. We had about 5 acres of land. It was very pretty. We lived in a log home that my husband and his company designed and built. It was 3 stories.

You entered a grand foyer and to your left was a spiral staircase that spanned all three levels. In the "basement" (it was a walk-out in the back, had a great patio) were two wings each had a 2 bedroom 1 bath in-law suite. In the center was a living area with a galley kitchen and Darby's man space complete with pool table, home gym, and a state of the art entertainment and gaming area.  On the first floor was open living space with a living room, dining area and state of the art kitchen. There was also a master suite which led to my library/writer's room.

The top level was the kid level. It had a dedicated study/reading space, tv/play space and each kid had their own bedroom, specially designed for them. They shared a generously sized bathroom.  From the study space you could access the attic where we kept all our Christmas stuff (and it was a lot).

As soon as I received the telegram I began to panic! How was I going to decorate the house to look tv ready for the debate? Darby looked at me and said, "Don't worry the girls and I will help." I laughed because I knew 18 month old girls were not much help decorating! Not long after a bunch of my girl friends showed up (Amanda, Kaley, Jessy, Candice, Noelle, Kim, Christina, Bethany, Sherri, Amy and Kimberly). It was an army of awesome helpers!

Only they were dressed in normal clothes, they were dressed up as Disney characters (Amanda was Belle, Kaley was Pocahontas, Jessy was McQueen, Candice was Eeyore, Noelle was Cinderella, Kim was Tigger, Christina was Mrs. Potts, Bethany was Lady from Lady and the Tramp, Sherri was Nemo, Amy was Goofy and Kimberly was Pooh Bear). I'm beginning to wonder what was going and why they were dressed up but there was no time to talk. Darby went up into the attic and before I knew it the house was decorated for Christmas!

Now, I said we lived in a log house and that is not totally true, the more I looked at it the more I realized that it was not logs at all that made our house, but baby bottles painted to look like logs! That threw me for a loop! I began to hope that America wouldn't think I was weird, living in the baby bottle house!

We were about half finished when the candidates showed up to prepare! It wasn't Obama and Romney though. It was Bob the Tomato (from Veggie Tales) and Papa Bear (from the Bearenstain Bears). Bob was the Whig party candidate and Papa was a Federalist.

Punky and her sisters of course wanted autographs. And to talk, and they got all excited when they were told that the candidates would be here for awhile, so Punky said, "Daddy has a hidden swimming pool in his dog pound, you want to go swimming?" Of course they did, and we all went downstairs only it wasn't the man space anymore but a full fledged water park!

I didn't know what twilight zone I was in, I wanted to go upstairs and relax while everyone (thing!?!) was downstairs partying. So I walked up the stairs only I wasn't in my living room when I got upstairs, but a lamp, it looked like the inside of the lamp on the old television show. I was just trying to figure out how to escape when I woke up.

*******************************

I hope you enjoyed. I certainly thought it was interesting!

-JLP-

No comments:

Post a Comment