Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Monday, June 4, 2012

It's THAT Time...


The wee hours of the morning and Punky jr and I are rocking in the glider. Finally she falls back asleep, though it is a fitful sleep and can't be very restful. It is night 4 of the same thing--very little sleep for mommy and daughter. The time is upon us--TEETHING TIME! Yes, those nasty masses of calcium are forcing their way through her gums looking for the surface.  She can't escape it, she can only survive it.

On the mommy side it is hard to watch your child suffer and not be able to do much. I can give her stuff to chew on, I can numb her gums and give her some medicine but in the end nothing really seems to help and it is just a stage that we have to get through. Being an adult I know that on the other side the teeth will come in handy and that eventually this will pass and she will feel better again, but it is hard to watch.  The good news is that while it is not much fun right now, this isn't something she will remember when she is older.

The other part of teething is the lack of sleep! It is long hours of cuddling and walking around. It is worry and stress. So, one would think that once baby is asleep Mommy would try to catch some z's as well. Well, I haven't totally learned my lesson. Last night I was up engrossed in the pages of a fun thriller! It was enjoyable time and I haven't had as much time to read as I used to. Still, it means for another tired day only this time I can't blame the darn teeth!

May y'all have a blessed Monday and get some rest tonight!!!

-JLP-

No comments:

Post a Comment