Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Learning Contentment


As a mom it is important that I teach my child how to live a life that pleases the Lord. In order to do this, I have to be living a God pleasing life. No matter how much we say, how many lectures we give, we all know that our children learn more from our actions than from our words. Words are necessary, but actions will always speak louder.

One of the life keys that I am working on is learning to be more content.  I think it pleases the Lord when we are content, because if we are following God, we are where He wants us and we need to be satisfied with that and enjoy each chapter/setting/pace of life. Contentment should not be confused with complacency. Being content means we are thankful and satisfied with where God has us. Being complacent means we are being lazy and not striving to see how we can serve His kingdom.

Earlier today a friend posted a quote on Facebook and I just love it! I thought y'all would enjoy reading the quote. I think I want to print it up and stick it to our refrigerator so I always see these little pearls of wisdom. The quote comes from Calm My Anxious Heart  by Linda Dillow. Ms. Dillow interviewed a female missionary to Africa. The missionary lived in a mud hut and lived a very kingdom serving and content life. Here is what the missionary said was her secret to Christ honoring contentment:

1. Never allow yourself to complain about anything, not even the weather.
2. Never picture yourself in a different circumstance or someplace else.
3. Never compare your lot with the lot of another.
4. Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
5. Never dwell on tomorrow. Remember it is God's and not ours.

I am going to do my best to incorporate this into my life and my thinking. This doesn't mean I'm not going to strive and seek God's will, but it means that I am going to thankful for all that God gives me, whether it is a little or a lot. I am going to be excited when others are blessed, and I am going to live each day fully in the moments. I am going to look forward to all the growing up and steps my daughter will take, but I am also going to fully embrace each moment with her, knowing that all too soon she will be grown.

I hope y'all have a wonderful Wednesday. Take care and know that you are in my prayers.

-JP-



No comments:

Post a Comment