Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Friday, May 25, 2012

To TV or Not To TV???

I do enjoy television and I know that it can be a topic of contention. Some people think that you shouldn't let your kids watch tv, let them use their imagination, and some parents use it as an electronic babysitter. I think both of those positions are a bit extreme.

Sitcoms and dramas can be fun. They let us escape into another world for a little while. I am quite able to tell the real world from the world of television, but I think that it is fun to see the worlds that are created, to let the characters into my home and my imagination for a little while.

I also let Punky jr. watch tv, and while she does watch NCIS with daddy and mommy we also generally watch more educational shows with her. We like Veggie Tales and other stories that teach us about the Bible and living God's way. I also like the LeapFrog shows I can find on Netflix. For Punky jr. it is shows that can teach her things. After the shows we will talk about what we learned. If it was a show about colors we will pick a color and find things around the house that are that color, or for letters we will find things that begin with the same letter.

I know that my Punky jr. is only 5 months old, but you are never to young, old, sick, tired, busy, etc to learn. Learning is a life long process that for Punky jr. began in the womb. The television is just one tool that we can use to further our education and when we are ready and need it, to take a break and be entertained and enthralled by the imagined worlds and exploits of beloved characters.

-JLP-

PS. Today's photo--taken in February when she was all cuddled up to watch NCIS with Daddy and Mommy! All she needed was some popcorn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment