Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Mother's Day!


It is that time of the year, the time when we all pause to thank our mom for what she does for the family. It is a time to let her know just how much we love her.  This year is really exciting for the first time since becoming a mother 10 years ago I'll have a child in my arms!

10 years ago and 2.5 months after I got pregnant God called that tiny little child home. I only had her (him?) for a few short weeks. Not even long enough for him (her?) to start kicking me, yet I was still a mother because life DOES begin at conception. I don't care what the politicians and other people say, I don't care how watered down it gets so that abortion is acceptable to the general public. Life begins at conception.

I believe that it would be much harder and the grief is more acute when a baby dies after birth, but still November 2002 came and my arms were empty. The life that was formed in February never had to experience this world. In a way, I'm jealous of my child. To already be up in Heaven dancing and singing praises to Jesus must be amazing!  Yet, I want to meet my child. I wonder all the things a mother wonders about.  It was a life that ended WAY too quickly. No matter the circumstances of conception, and I know I was pretty messed up and scared back then, the moment I realized I was pregnant, I loved that child. That was MY BABY.

As much as I miss the chance to watch my child grow up it has taught me to focus on the here and the now, to be thankful for all that I do have. It took 10 years but I am healthier (spiritually) and Punky not only has the love of her mother, but of her father and whole family as well. This Mother's Day I get to celebrate with my family, I get to hold, sing to and dance with my daughter. I get to kiss her and snuggle, feed her and change her. I get to mother my precious daughter!

So, as I am busy enjoying all the moments with my daughter on this Mother's Day I also plan to take a moment and pray for all those I know that are grieving their empty arms. For those that have had to say good-bye to a child and for those that are still yearning for a child to hold in their arms. Being a mother is a huge blessing, and one that I try not to take for granted, so as you celebrate, as you call the mothers in your life please also join me in praying for the hearts of mothers that have empty arms.

I don't want to end on a sad note, so I'll tell ya that Punky is starting to sit up and balance much better by herself! 4 months old (today!) and accomplishing so much! It is such a joy!!!

-JLP-

No comments:

Post a Comment