Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Saturday, August 11, 2012

I Can Do It!!!


For years now it has been popular for people to make up a "Bucket List", a list of things they hope to accomplish in this life. Ever since I was a kid I have had a list of sorts of things to do. I thought it would be fun though to write it out here and then record when I am able to cross things off my I Can Do It list. Being the OCD person that I am, I have organized my list into categories!

TRAVEL
1. Visit Ireland
2. Visit Australia
3. Go on a cruise
4. Visit all 50 states
5. Walk on the turf at Lambeau Field
6. Go on at least 5 mission trips
7. Take my family to the Holy Land
8. Take my family to Yellowstone Park
9. Take my family skiing at Bridger Bowl (MT)
10. Take my family to 5 Redskins' & 5 Packers' games

FAMILY
1. Get married
2. Have kid(s)
3. Adopt a dalmation
4. Adopt a cat
5. Home-school my child(ren)

SKILLS
1. Learn to dance the Polka
2. Sew a complete quilt
3. Earn a 200 average in bowling
4. Become fluent in Spanish
5. Become fluent in ASL
6. Become proficient in Biblical Greek
7. Memorize 500 Bible verses
8. Complete level 10 of Super Mario Bros.
9. Build a dog house
10. Keep my strawberry patch and porch flowers alive
11. Learn the butterfly (swim) stroke
12. Improve skills on piano so I can play at church
13. Improve skills on the violin
14. Become a better poet


EDUCATION
1. Earn my BS
2. Earn my MS
3. Earn my PhD
4. Teach children to "pray in color"
5. Help my husband graduate from college
6. Study art history

WORK
1. Become a published author
2. Run a (successful) non-profit business as a speaker & counselor for families in crisis
3. Manage the family finances
4. Write & publish my Grandma's life story
5. Write & publish a fictional series

LEISURE
1. Read at least 100 books/year
2. Own all the Shirley Temple movies
3. Keep the family photo album up to date
4. Camp under the stars with my husband
5. Own a hammock- keep it up during the summer and use it with my family


MISCELLANEOUS
1. Help build my sunroom/library/office (all one space)
2. Own a home with a spiral staircase
3. Own a reclining sectional sofa
4. Ride a roller-coaster (I'm phobic and want to beat my phobia)
5. Own a trampoline

Well, there you have it, my list! The few that I've crossed out are already accomplished. I can't wait to re-visit this list someday and see what else I can cross off my list! God put us here on earth to bring glory to Him, but He also wants us to enjoy this incredible life He has given us, and in order to do that we need to get off our sofas and go out and LIVE, be adventurous, try new things, go to new places, explore, do, and accomplish! While I'm working my way through my list, I hope y'all are doing the same with your I Can Do It lists!

Happy accomplishing!

-JLP-

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I had a reclining sectional sofa.....you DON'T want one!! :D

    ReplyDelete