Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Daughter- You are Loved


As a teenager I remember praying that someday God would give me a husband to love and who loves me back. I also prayed for children to call my own. I prayed to be able to go to college to earn a degree to help support the family that I yearned for.

On a momentous day in early May I earned by high school diploma and that Fall I was headed for college, God's plan for my life and His answers to my childhood prayers were beginning to be answered. Less than 1 year later it looked it was all going to end. Gigantic evil came into my life, but so did the hope of new life, in the form of a little baby growing inside me- that is your angel sibling.

1 year after I graduated from high school, my angel baby conceived in evil, but loved unconditionally, was whisked away to Heaven, to bypass this life. When angel baby died I tried to as well, but God was not finished with me yet, I still had a full life to live, and His will to accomplish.

4 years after I graduated from high school I graduated from college, yearning even more for a husband and a family of my own, for people to nurture and love unconditionally. God said "wait my child"

So I waited. I waited and I worked. I put my degree to use, and every night I prayed "Dear Lord I'm ready, please send me a husband and send us children to love, to fill our home with laughter and joy." And still God said "Not yet" It wasn't time yet, Mommy and Daddy were not ready for you.

As I grew and started to learn about patience and God's timing, all the way across the country God was working in the life of a country boy--- wild, following his own rules, but still under the control of the Father. This boy needed to grow up. So, even though I didn't know who I was waiting for, I waited. Yes, I thought I found him once or twice, but God kept saying "Not him, wait, I'll show you the one for you. Wait my daughter."

So, I waited and I prayed, and my arms yearned to hold MY child. I loved my nephew, the kids at church, special friends, but still while my arms were full, my family was not complete.

Then, one day God began to nudge me "Get up and move, the plan I have for you is not here, it is there, in the land of your ancestors." So, with much excitement, fear and anticipation I packed up, moved and started graduate school 2000 miles from Wyoming, in Virginia.

I met a plethora of godly men but still God kept saying "Not him, not him, and not even him. The man I have for you is not here." I was lonely and yearning like never before for my family to begin. I felt like I was in a holding pattern, I was ready to be a wife, to love, serve, and cherish someone, to find that best friend, that boon companion to spend my life with, to grow in grace with, to have a family with. But where was he?

Finally, God said "Here try this, he is there. Trust me, I'll show you who." And that is when I met my husband. The graduate student from Wyoming and the work hard with his hands country boy from Virginia. Not the most likely pairing, but a God pairing. The girl that in many ways felt older than her years, and the boy that took his time growing up, but it didn't take long to know that this was God's match.

An early December day, with snow just beginning to fall marked our wedding day. My dream, my prayers were answered! At the perfect age of 27 I was the bride walking down the aisle, saying my vows, kissing my husband! I was the new wife cutting my cake and escaping off on my honeymoon!

Being married was an answer to prayer, it has been wonderful. I have found my boon companion, my lover, my best friend, someone that I can be totally me with, someone that has my back and that no matter what, loves me.

It wasn't too many months later when much to our surprise the next stage in our family came to be. I was pregnant!!!  It happened quickly, but the blessing was enormous. A husband and now a child. The next months seemed to drag on, so ready was I to hold my child in my arms. We quietly celebrated our first anniversary, our 2nd  Christmas together, and then we went to the hospital.

And, the day I had prayed for for most of my life was finally here, I was holding my daughter (YOU) in my arms and sitting next to my husband! I had my family. I remember holding you and thinking "Lord thank you. It took awhile but look--- You answer prayers. I trusted you, I waited on your timing and now I have this precious daughter as proof that your timing is best."

So my little snowflake, never doubt that you are loved. Never doubt that you are wanted. Not only do Mommy and Daddy love you unconditionally but God has been planning for your birth and your life for so long. He loves you even more than we do. He is already working on what He has in mind for your life. So, wait for Him, trust Him and while you wait your Mommy and Daddy will be beside you, guiding you, loving you and supporting you as you grow into God's woman. You are loved so very much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment