Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Monday, July 9, 2012

Staycationing


We have all been affected by this new economy that the world is living in. It makes it harder to achieve the "American Dream". Too many of us think that since we can't get rich we should just give up. That is Satan talking to you, spreading lies.

Yes, being rich and not having to worry about how the bills are going to get paid would be nice. It would be nice to be able to afford to go on a couple of family vacations each year, to explore this world. Yes, it would be nice to be a lavish tipper. Yet, it is ok not to be able to do everything. I have been struggling with this, so today's post is more of a pep talk.

Just because my friends can afford to go to places and do fun things with their families does not mean that Hubby and I are bad parents. It just means that we get to be more creative. We also have to focus on the blessings. Our kitchen is getting a much needed make-over, and we are going to my sister's wedding soon. So, it may not be Busch Gardens or Disney, but as long as we celebrate being a family and make things fun, a staycation can be great!

Part of living joyfully and having victory over my past means that I look for the blessings in each day. Today for example, it is a pretty quiet day at my house. Hubby is off at work, and Punky jr. and I are having a quiet day at home. We sang songs, we played, we watched an episode of Andy Griffith, and we are working on learning to crawl. Now, as she naps it is time for me to catch up on my blog, work on editing my book and trying to figure out the cover art, and maybe catching a nap myself.  The blessing in today is that when I glance up from my screen I see my daughter sleeping. That precious little girl is mine, a gift from God to her daddy and me! So, while I want to give her the world, right now I focus on making our little corner a place of laughter, fun, love and growing in Christ.

Someday maybe we will be able to travel a little bit, but for now it is staycations and I have actually learned ways to make that fun! We can build cars out of boxes and have our own drive-in movie night! We can decorate each bedroom to represent a different locale and learn about different places, we can learn about all the history right here in VA. There is no need to go into debt or to beat yourself up because others can do what you can't. That is a fact of life.

So, in this new economy it is hard to get by and make ends meet, but that doesn't mean we give up. We keep going and we get creative!

-JLP-

What are doing to make the summer fun and interesting at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment