Purchasing Joyfully After All

If you want to purchase a copy of my book just go to www.amazon.com and type in Joyfully After All. You will be able to purchase either the Kindle or the paperback versions. Happy reading and thank you for supporting women learning to claim victory and joy over rape!

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Traveling w/ Punky Jr.


Punky Jr. and Mommy are getting ready to go on a BIG trip. We are going to fly to the land of the Packers to visit some of my family. I am really looking forward to seeing my sis, brother in law, nephew and mom for a few days, but I am NOT looking forward to getting up at 3:30 in the morning to make it to the airport on time. I am not looking forward to the confined space of the airplane or the changes we have to make at 2 major airports.

Yet, even the parts I am not looking forward to as much are going to be fun because I'll be making memories with my daughter. She will probably never remember this trip, but I know that I will. I will remember the early morning snuggles. I will remember her look when she sees her Mama, cousin and Aunt again. I will remember the activities.

With all that in mind I am probably going over prepared but I believe it is better to be over prepared than under prepared. So, she has lots of food (in case we miss a flight or have some other delays), diapers, books, medicine (she is teething) and clothes in the carry-on. She has lots of cute stuff to wear in the checked luggage and while it will be an early morning and the craziness of travel we will make it a fun day, and by lunch time we will be with family!

10 years ago I couldn't imagine a day like this-- I couldn't really imagine excitedly preparing to travel, to be surrounded by strangers and in charge of someone else, in charge of a vulnerable little baby. I am so thankful that God was patient with me as I struggled with the aftermath of my rape. I am thankful that God never gave up on me. I am thankful that God was and is there for me, each and every day and that I can face the things that scare because I have the courage God gives me. Not only can I face them, but I can embrace them, I can see the joy at the end of the line and that gives me joy throughout the journey!!!

May you begin to feel the love, comfort and courage that God wants to fill you with.

Happy Advent to one and all!!!

-JP-

No comments:

Post a Comment